Do you want to work in a supportive environment where people believe in innovating through experimentation and research? Do you love to travel and want to have an impact on the future of the travel sector by working closely with industry leaders? Then you might be in the right place.
With travel being back for good and the multi-day sector catching up with increasing demand, as an established tech company that has one decade of experience in the field, our team is and will be growing. We welcome applications from high-potential candidates with varied experiences and skills and we are always excited when applicants bring in expertise from the travel sector.
- Kaptio is an international Travel Tech company, founded and headquartered in Reykjavik, with operations in Iceland, UK, and Canada. We have successfully enabled ambitious travel brands to grow with our product, the Kaptio Travel Platform, built on Salesforce.
- Our vision is to become the market leader for multi-day travel technology.
- Our team is comprised of around 40 software product specialists and travel industry experts who are passionate about travel with innovation at heart.
- Our spirited, iterative, and trustworthy nature guides us through our mission to enable ambitious multi-day travel brands to achieve sustainable growth.
- We believe that people collaborate best in person. We make sure to offer working spaces in our locations that have comfortable and spacious facilities with meeting rooms and quiet areas for our teams to work together. We make sure that everyone can be included, regardless of their location and hybrid collaboration is at the heart of Kaptio as an international company.
Salesforce Developers are crucial for our success and your capabilities are highly valued. You will join a small and an expanding team, where you will have the chance to grow and influence our future successes.
As a Salesforce Developer you are responsible for:
- Solving business problems by delivering quality solutions within the Salesforce environment using LWC, Aura, Apex and Visualforce.
- Creating and modifying existing controllers, controller extensions, and triggers across all platforms.
- Applying best practices and design patterns of best-of-breed applications developed on the Salesforce platform
- Applying test-driven methodologies to improve code quality. Working towards the team’s goal to have greater than 90% unit test code coverage by creating and executing unit, integration and user acceptance test plans, including use cases and test data.
- Performing code reviews, providing positive useful feedback, ideas and comments.
- Gathering, analysing and documenting functional and technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by users.
Ideal track-record and competence:
- Strong Salesforce development proficiency supported by an advanced Computer Science degree or related discipline or relevant Salesforce Certification. You can also wow us with your solid track record. You are able to:
- Modify standard objects and fields and creation of custom objects and fields.
- Develop software using LWC, Apex and Visualforce
- Design, configuration, testing and deployment of Salesforce solutions
- Knowledge of Salesforce packaging and patching, and the issues related to both.
- Configure and customise pages and data within the salesforce environment and using tools such as Git, VS Code, Data loader and Workbench.
- Capable of leveraging an in-depth knowledge of REST/SOAP APIs and experience building integrations with Salesforce
- Innovative problem-solver; you skilfully come up with creative yet practical solutions when solving business issues.
- Strong global communicator; you convey your ideas clearly and openly, both in writing and verbally and you enjoy working with a global team
- Agile and friendly customer and team collaborator; you are keen to build successful working relationships through open communication, a helpful attitude and making sure that you pull your weight within the team.
- Trustworthy; you are reliable and take responsibility for your work. You approach your work and others in a professional manner
- A company that has one decade of experience in technology and innovation.
- A motivated and supportive team where everyone is encouraged to progress their skills and share their knowledge with each other.
- Hybrid-friendly work environment and company culture that supports working remotely when necessary. Work-family balance is very important to us.
- Competitive salary and benefits.